The 4th of July weekend is always a big to do in Sodus Point, N.Y. with activities for young and old.July 2nd -
- 10:00 A.M. the weekend starts out with a Red - White - and Blue Themed Kiddie Parade with marching bands, old cars, fire trucks and more. Prizes and refreshments.
- 1:00 P.M. the Annual Lighthouse 5-K Run starts at the Sodus Bay Lighthouse Museum , North Ontario Street, Sodus Point, NY.
- 7:00 - 11:00 A.M. Enjoy breakfast on the bluff with pancakes, eggs, sausage, juice and coffee at the Sodus Bay Lighthouse Museum. Cost $8.
- 8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. Artisan and Craft Show at the Sodus Bay Lighthouse Museum will run all day. Hand crafted pottery, jewelry, greeting cards, paintings and much more.
- 2 :00 - 4:00 PM Free Summer Concert Series kicks off with Gap Mangione Big Band featuring swing band and Big Band music. The concession stand is open during the concert times. Bring your own lawn chair. Overlooking Beautiful Lake Ontario.
Overlooking Lake Ontario from the lighthouse grounds
- Enjoy diner at one of the fine restaurants downtown Sodus Point on the water or inland.
- The Coop Deck
- Captain Jack's Goodtime Tavern
- Abes Waterfront
- The Bay Street
- Franklin House
- 7:00 P.M. Sunshine Auto Parade - Village of Sodus Point,
- 10:00 P.M. 4th of July Fireworks display by the Sodus Point Fire Department. The Lighthouse Museum and the Sodus Point Beach Park are the perfect spots to watch the fireworks.
July 4th -
Visit the Sodus Bay Lighthouse Museum - Step back in time and learn about the early settlers of Sodus Bay and what life was like in the northern Finger Lakes Region on Lake Ontario. Early Indians, the War of 1812, Shipping on Sodus Bay, the Shakers, the railroad, and the life of a lighthouse keeper.
|Summers on Sodus Bay|