It's Harvest Time Again!
Come on out to the 9th Annual Harvest Festival on September 24, 2016, downtown Sodus, NY. This festival is short of nothing and is jammed packed with something to do for the whole family.
Over 75 arts and crafts vendors, the Great Pumpkin drop, dancing the the street, music and food. The festival starts at 10 a.m. and ends at 4 p.m. A great way to get your Christmas shopping started.
New this Year: "Show and Shine Car Show". If you are interested in showing off your special vintage or muscle car, truck or motorcycle; come on down. Registration to show your vehicle starts at 7:30 a.m to 9:30 a.m. Vehicles will be displayed on Maple Ave., downtown Sodus. Festival begins at 10 a.m. No rules, no prizes - just satisfaction of showing off your great looking vehicle.
Pumpkin Growing Contest: Can you beat 400 pounds? Drop off your BIG pumpkins for the pumpkin growing contest on Friday night 6:00 - 7:00 P.M. They will be taken to a secured spot overnight. Official weighting will take place at 3:00 p.m. on Saturday September 24th. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place Winners receive trophies and gift certificates from Paton's Marketplace, Wegmen's and Top's Market.
|GIANT pumpking growing contest|
Pumpkin Tic Tac Toe
The Great Pumpkin Drop
Apples to Zucchini Carving Contest:
Bring your carved fruits or vegetable entry to
the Chamber tent by 10:00 a.m. on Saturday September 24th to be displayed and judged by 1:00 p.m. Age Groups: K-4, Grade 5 - 8, Grades 9 - 12, and Adult entries. 1st and 2nd place ribbons and prizes.
FREE raffles of items donated by local merchants. Get your tickets at the Chamber table.
Great food ranging from chili and waffles to pulled pork, kettle corn and more.
See you at the Harvest Festival!
More FUN things to do with friends and family:
October 1, 2016
- Sunset Tasting & Starry Starry Night at Thorpe Vineyard. Start your evening wine tasting while watching the sunset and learn about about the astronomical facts and mythological stories of the constellations. October 1st - Starts at 6 p.m. 8150 Chimney Heights Blvd., Wolcott, NY. (minutes from Maxwell Creek Inn Bed & Breakfast) For more info: (315) 594-2502.
- Moonlight Maze Walk at Long Acre Farms. September 24 and October 1, 2, 7, 14, 15, 21, 22, 28, 29. 6 p.m. - 9 p.m. For more info: (315) 986-4202
- Haunted Hayrides of Greater Rochester at DeFisher Fruit Farm, Eddy Road, Williamson, NY. Opening weekend: September 30 and October 1st. 7:30 - 10:30 p.m. For event schedule : http://www.hauntedhayridesrochester.com/events/2016-10/
- Wayne County, NY Apple Tasting Tour and Challenge -Starts October 1st. Stay tuned for more information. www.facebook.com/AppleTastingTour
- Maxwell Creek Inn Bed & Breakfast "Sunset Cruise Package" - Every Saturday through October 15 (weather permitting) Call for details.